Houston County State Court
Warner Robins, Georgia


Q: What is my fine?

A: Fines can be looked up on the Houston State Court website, but recognize that many cases require a court appearance, and all fine quotes are advisory only. Fines can be increased or decreased in the discretion of the court depending on aggravating or mitigating circumstances. Fines are doubled when an accident involving another vehicle is involved or when speeding in a construction or school zone.

Q: When is my court date?

A: You should have received a court date when you were issued your ticket. Otherwise, we can look it up for you.

Q: Can I get an extension?

A: Payment plans for all cases are available and are based on ability to pay. Conversion to community service on all fines is based on financial circumstances and is in the discretion of the probation department

Q: What are your hours of operation?

A: 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.

Q: How and where can I pay?

A: We take payments at the cash windows during regular business hours. Checks are not accepted, but an ATM is available, and debit cards are accepted.

Q: What is the dress code for State Court?

A: No shorts, no tank tops, and no obscene or offensive clothing

Q: How should I handle my case?

A: Only an attorney hired or appointed to represent you can answer that question. Ultimately, only you can decide how to handle your case

Q: How can I qualify for an attorney?

A: You can qualify in court; qualification is based on income and assets owned.

Q: I didn’t qualify for an attorney, but I still can’t afford one, what should I do?

A: Depending on the circumstances, the court can make limited exceptions but generally, you will need to hire an attorney or represent yourself. Attorneys often will offer attractive payment plans should you wish to hire one.

Q: Should I represent myself?

A: Only you can decide that question. The court’s only interest is in making sure you understand the downsides to such a decision, but the right to represent yourself is guaranteed.

Q: How can I get a speed reduction?

A: Only the solicitor can make speed reductions with the approval of the court. Decisions are based on a defendant’s record and the particular circumstances of the case.

Q: My spouse is the victim in my case, and they won’t press charges. How do I get my case dismissed?

A: The solicitor alone makes the decision whether to dismiss a case, and while victim wishes are taken into account, cases are often prosecuted without the victim’s consent.

Q: Why does it take 30 days for my ticket to get into the system?

A: The tickets first go through a review at the Sheriff’s department, and then go to the Solicitor’s Office for review, who then pass them to the State Court Clerk’s Office who input the tickets. Please go to LIVE case access at the top of the home page and look up your case to insure it’s in the system prior to attempting to pay it.